Name:
Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands

Monday, June 04, 2007

First weekend of June

Yes, I'm back :) Less stressed, not travelling anymore all the weekends :)

Saturday 2 June - Meeting old study friends

Today was a beautifull day. The sun was shining, and I went to Middelburg to meet my three old study friends. I've started this tradition in September 2004, and this was the fourth time we came together, we had a break of a year.


The center of Middelburg.


I travelled by train to Middelburg, when I got out of the train, I was fast and got out on the side of the river. The fun part of this story is that from Roosendaal, Sander whom lives in Breda stept in the same train, but he got out on the otherside of the track, where Ronny was waiting for him to pick him up with the car.


A nice windmill on the west side of Middelburg.


But I had a nice long walk of 25 minutes and in the meantime as you can see from the photo's I was using my time to take picture.

When I arrived also the third friend André with his wife Sonja were already there, they drove already the day before from Germany to the parents of André. There we found out that Sander and I were in the same train, but I didn't mind walking since it was a great sunny day.

After drinking some drinks, and also stories of what we did the last months, this time I had a lot to tell, we went to Vlissingen, to have a walk on the boulevard next to the beach since it was such a great weather.


Here is where my friend lives :)


There we took some more drinks before we went to a great restaurant where we had a marvelous dinner, I started with a nice tomato soup, to have as main meal 4 different kind of meat grilled, so end with ice, cream with fresh pineapple!


Sonja, André, Ronny and Sander relaxing in the sun in Vlissingen.


After the dinner, we walked a bit and then went back to Middelburg by car. When we arrived there we checked the internet for the trains, and it was good that we did that, otherwise I would have been very late in Rotterdam, now it was already 23.36; This time from Middelburg till Roosendaal, I travelled with Sander together.


Sunday 3 June 2007


Finally!!!! What? Yes? No? I don't believe.... I could get out of my bed on the time I wanted :))) Since there was one person to give me a missed call at eleven, got out earlier then expected, but I was still rested ;)


Classical performance in the Center of Rotterdam, really cool!


I worked then a bit on some AEGEE stuff, and at two I went to the city to buy my food and also I have been looking for a nice present; I think I found already the right gift, but as usual I need more time :))


The beach on the Maas :)



It's really a cool place.



Working on old boats in the Old Harbor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home